Weekly Journal 1

 Assignment One 

Kaitlyn Gonzalez 

GIS-4636-091

September 14, 2020

     For my first experience doing yoga especially online and in this new environment, was something that I need more practice in order to get used to. A lot of things have changed not only in the world but also in my personal life that has impacted the way that I practice yoga. I have now had to do chair yoga, which is something that is new to me since I have an immobilized ankle.

    In the past, I have practiced yoga and enjoyed the environment of practicing with other people and having that class environment. I was regularly going to classes before the pandemic, and as you go to more classes with the same people there is a certain bond that you have.  As a result of the pandemic, this sense of class and togetherness that comes with practicing in person is lost. This is one of the main things that I had missed when I had started taking my first online class.   Nevertheless, there are a lot of benefits to doing yoga in the comfort of your own home. You are able to do it at your own pace and not worry about how you look doing some positions, which can be a worry for some. Other benefits are that you can do it on your own time and involve other family members in your practice. 

    For this week, I did a chair yoga video on youtube. I set it up by moving some of the furniture in my living room with my roommates, and they then decided to join me in doing chair yoga. It wound up being something fun to do on a Saturday evening because this was our first weekend in our apartment. Even though going to online classes and practicing online the class togetherness is lost, there are other ways to make up for it, in my example with my roommates. 

Yoga Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ts01MC2mIo

Comments

  1. This is interesting! Make sure that you give a few more details about the actual class that you took. Who is the teacher, duration of class etc. That will make the analysis of your experience more relevant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Journal 3

Weekly Journal 2

Weekly Journal 7